Wednesday, October 17, 2018

ENT3003 Assignment 16A – What’s Your Secret Sauce?


Know Thyself


Describe five ways in which you think you have human capital that is truly unique.


1. Determination – When it comes to accomplishing a task, I’m extremely strong-willed and will work on a task tirelessly until I’m able to complete it to the best of my ability.

2. Adaptability – No matter what situation I’m put into, I’m extremely quick to adapt and learn how to be successful in the position I’ve been placed in. In an atmosphere where stuff is always changing, I’m able to keep up effectively.

3. Reliability – My consistency in work and mindset is superior to most, I feel like if something needs to be done you can always count on me to either get it done to the best of my ability or take the appropriate steps to ensure the best result.

4. Independence – I have a sense of independence that allows for me to operate on my own with less social contact and with less help needed than that of most people, while also still being able to interact and communicate with people effectively.

5. Problem Solving – When faced with an issue or assignment, I put my all of my effort into solving the task at hand and normally I’m able to figure out how to succeed in most situations, finding the solution to a complicated issue.

Interview the five people who know you the best.


1. Naomi Interview (https://soundcloud.com/user-368372101/naomiinterview/s-hNqFL?in=user-368372101/sets/ent3003-assignment-16-interviews/s-NazKF)
  • Naomi, my girlfriend of 4 years now described me as having great insight and care for others. I think this makes sense as I've been there for her throughout many problems in her life and she's seen a supportive side of me that most don't get to see. 
2. Dad Interview (https://soundcloud.com/user-368372101/dadinterview/s-2JtOe?in=user-368372101/sets/ent3003-assignment-16-interviews/s-NazKF)
  • I think my dad's answer was the most similar to what I believe about myself. My dad has been a great influence in my life with saving/financing and being good academically. These things were expressed in what he described as self-motivation and being able to do everything I put my mind to quickly and effectively.
3. Rachel Interview (https://soundcloud.com/user-368372101/rahcelinterview/s-N3MgJ?in=user-368372101/sets/ent3003-assignment-16-interviews/s-NazKF)
  • My sister who is really just a sweet girl, described me as being attentive and a knowledge-seeker. To her point about learning, I definitely think I have a  genuine interest in school that most truly don't have.
4. Jason Interview (https://soundcloud.com/user-368372101/jasoninterview/s-V7uc5?in=user-368372101/sets/ent3003-assignment-16-interviews/s-NazKF)
  • Being my best friend, Jason knows me in a lot of ways that family don't. His description of me was different from everyone else's in the way that he described my energy and humor. My family and girlfriend described me as kind and intelligent whereas he focused more on why i'm a good guy to "hangout" with.
5. Mom Interview (https://soundcloud.com/user-368372101/mominterview/s-qnl33?in=user-368372101/sets/ent3003-assignment-16-interviews/s-NazKF)
  • My mom, who I initially started my interview by saying knows me best had one interesting take on what differentiates me. That point I think is something quite admirable in that I like to do everything to the best of my ability, kinda like a perfectionist as Naomi mentioned.

Reflect on the differences. 


I see myself as an independent and reliable person who is a hard worker and a quick learner with an abstract intelligence that allows me to be an effective problem solver. Others seem to see me in similar ways, primarily with the hard working and quick learning attributes. However, I was also seen as caring to my girlfriend and fun to be around by my best friend which I didn't quite instinctively think about myself. With that said, I think my interviewees were correct about me, everything sounded right, I think the differences are simply because of what side of me I express to each person. I don't think I would make any corrections to my aforementioned list, I think it covered my main five differentiating attributes.

3 comments:

  1. Jared,
    I thought that this was a great post because of the interviews and how in depth they were! I agreed that I saw myself similarly as the people that i interviewed did. I really enjoyed this post and the interviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jared,

    I found it very interesting to be able learn more about how you can use your personal assets to build your idea. I think these qualities you and those you are close with described are very important to someone who wants to start their own business. I also thought my interviews and my self-evaluation were fairly similar and did not need to make corrections to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jared,

    Great job with this post, you were able to provide a lot of information with a lot of details about yourself. Even though this is a pretty much online class it is good to get to know our "classmates" better. Among all of your human capital I believe Adaptability is the most important one as you covered it. Great work.

    ReplyDelete