Thursday, October 11, 2018

ENT3003 Assignment 14A – Halfway Reflection


Tenacity & Paying It Forward



1) Tenaciousness is a competency. What are the behaviors that you have used (or developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course?

I would say that when It comes to this course, you have to be consistent, aware, and well organized. There are so many assignments due each and every week that you must stay on top of the coursework. I think this can be best done by setting a schedule and sticking it to it week in and week out, while also being continuously aware of your upcoming assignments and what they entail. Overall, I believe this class really comes down to just staying on top of the work and getting ahead so that you have sufficient time to do everything as required.

2) Tenaciousness is also about attitude. Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this?

When I first started dealing with the assignments of this class I ran into a lot of moments where I wanted to stop and just quit. The workload appeared like too much and not worth my time. However, the more lectures I watched and the more I learned, I quickly started to appreciate the hard work it took to get everything that I needed done. From this, I think ENT3003 has really prepared me for a work-like amount of assignments that will keep me more tenacious in the future, allowing for me to be more experienced with an intense amount of work.

3) Three tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset' ?

1. You should keep up with all of the work given to you and persevere through and complications you find, these can be even more simplified by preparing ahead of time.

2. Stay mentally strong, with anything in life this is quite applicable. No matter what you’re dealing with in the moment try to always keep your strength emotionally so that you’re able to be your best at all times.

3. Finally, make sure you’re doing something you enjoy. I personally believe that tenacity comes easier when you have something you WANT to be tenacious about. The attitude and mindset will come a lot faster when you’re passionate about your craft.



3 comments:

  1. Jared,
    I agree with your advice and tips that you provided in this assignment. Many of these I mentioned in my own personal blog post. I really do believe that with the amount of assignments that are assigned in this course that it is crucial that you stay on top of all of the assignments and make a routine out of when you will do the assignments. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

  2. Hey Jared,
    I liked how you mentioned staying mentally strong. This class and all classes can definitely take a toll on a student especially with everything else we have going on so I think it is important to have time for ourselves and continue to stay strong emotionally in order to perform our best. Great point! I didn’t even think about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jared,

    I totally agree with what you provided in this post, even though there is no exams this course requires a lot of self discipline in order to succeed. It might seem like it's a lot of work but if you be consistent, and like you mentioned enjoy what you are doing, this course has a lot to offer. Great post and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete