Sunday, November 25, 2018

ENT3003 Assignment 26A – Celebrating Failure

Let's Fail, A Lot!


1) Tell us about a time this past semester that you failed -- whether in this class, or outside of this class. Don't spare any details! It'd be even better if there was something you tried several times this semester, and failed each time. 
  • When I tried dieting in the beginning of the semester I had multiple failures. Every week I'd set calorie goals of my food intake as well as exercising plans, however between school and a general lack of motivation I never really succeeded in that endeavor. I'd like to think i've come around some recently, but I certainly had a multitude of failures throughout the semester.
2) Tell us what you learned from it. 
  • What I really learned is how hard self-motivation can be sometimes. You can want something so badly but just slip up on the steps it takes to achieve that goal, which is something now I've worked on a lot more. When it comes to dieting specifically, I find that a consistent set of meals that I repeatedly eat make it significantly easier for me to stick to my diet. 
3) Reflect, in general, on what you think about failure. Failure is hard, isn't it? It's embarrassing, sure, but it also means that we have to change something about ourselves. Talk about how you handle failure (emotionally, behaviorally). Finally, talk about how this class has changed your perspective on failure -- are you more likely to take a risk now than you were just a few months ago?
  • I really hate failing, I'm sure that everyone does but I just especially struggle to deal with failure at anything I do. If I fail, I use that as motivation to make sure I never fail again... I will do anything repeatedly until I'm capable of succeeding at it. I would say this class hasn't altered my perspective on failure too much, I've never really been risk-averse but I always take calculated risks, which I think my current perspective is about to the same extent.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jared,

    I totally agree with your post regarding how hard self-motivation can be. Every beginning of semester I tell myself I'll start wake up early and exercise before start my day but never really followed with my goals. I guess breaking old habits can be extremely hard if it's not made as big priority to ourselves. Thanks for sharing and hope you could achieve your goals somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jared,

    It was interesting to read about the troubles you were having and the steps you have taken to become more self-motivated. Dieting can definitely be hard to consistently do with so many tempting food choices. I also struggle with failure a lot and try to do everything I can to prevent myself from failing.

    ReplyDelete